We are looking for a skilled, versatile and motivated person ready to take on a real challenge in a technical and innovative environment. You will join our team in service of belgian SMEs active in various application fields: EV chargers, medical devices, remote sensing applications (IoT), ultra-low-power battery-less systems and other custom designs for niche applications.
As an Embedded Systems Engineer, your daily tasks will consist in:
- Designing and testing new hardware products
- Developing and maintaining firmware code
- Contributing to the company knowledge base through documentation and maintaining software and hardware libraries
The person we are looking for is an all-rounder in embedded systems, with a strong background in electronics.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering (Ingénieur Civil Electricien / Electronicien)
- A solid understanding of electronics, demonstrated through past professional projects, internships or hobby projects.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in one or more of the following fields:
- PCB Design: Schematic, Layout, analog/digital
- Embedded Firmware Development
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Fluent in French or Dutch and sufficiently good at English for technical work
As part of your work, you will develop your skills in the following environments, programming languages and tools, which are part of our standard tooling. Prior experience in any of these fields will give you a definite edge:
- Altium Designer
- Microcontroller families: STM32, PSoC, PSoC 4 BLE, ESP32
- A general understanding of microcontroller peripherals (RTC, Watchdog, UART, SPI, I2C, PWM, ADC, DAC...)
- FreeRTOS, Linux, Buildroot
- Programming: C, Python, Source code management with Git
- Standards and Protocols: Bluetooth, BLE, Sigfox, LoRa, NB-IoT, WiFi, HTTP, SSL, MQTT, Modbus, RS232, RS485
- You know your way around a DMM, oscilloscope, power supply, logic analyser, function generator, soldering iron and other standard electronics lab equipment
- PCB debugging and patching
- RF Antenna characterisation
The majority of the work will be done in our offices. Occasionally, some on-site interventions are necessary at a client's location for meetings or for transferring a completed project. All our clients are located in easily accessible places (i.e. not in Brussels).
- Full-time job opportunity
- Flexible working hours
- Part-time remote work is possible
- Optional company car
- Decent salary and advantages
Our offices are located in Genappe, Belgium.
As part of our effort to minimize the company's carbon footprint, the ideal candidate is someone meeting all the above conditions and that lives within a 10km radius of our offices.